Track Elephants on Foot
Whether tracking elephant on foot through pristine grassland or paddling a canoe on the Zambezi River, Zimbabwe offers memories to last a lifetime. Explore Hwange National Park via 4×4, spotting cheetah, hippo, elephant, impala, zebra, and much more as you go.
Spend days on the Zambezi River—paddling a canoe out to the uninhabited Siansimba Islands or sipping sundowners aboard a speedboat. Experience the thrill of walking through the bush with experienced guides, learning to read animal tracks in the dirt and sense changes in wind direction. Ride a section of the historic Cape-to-Cairo railroad line through miles of backcountry, watching giraffe and lion cross in front of you from your open railcar. Stay in perfectly situated camps and lodges, with views of plunging gorges and watering holes from your beautifully appointed rooms. From beginning to end, savor an active and experiential journey into one of Africa’s less-known regions.
During your safari, witness phenomenal Victoria Falls (standing on your own two feet and from the “flight of the angels” helicopter transfer); track elephants on foot—an awe-inspiring, up-close experience; learn about the history of Zimbabwe and its colonial past; safari by 4×4, foot, boat, and even railroad to encounter cheetahs, elephants, and lions; enjoy warm and welcoming hospitality at the best camps in Zimbabwe. All lodgings on your active safari share a commitment to responsible tourism—providing guests with an immersive experience in nature and the surrounding culture, while also helping preserve the wilderness and enrich the local economy.
- With a knowledgeable guide, follow trails along the rim of Victoria Falls.
- Get closer than you imagined possible to wild elephants inside a lodge’s innovative underground “look-up” blind.
- Walk through conserved farmland into a remote village, where you’ll likely be joined by local children on their way to school.
- Discover the fascinating history of Africa’s Cape-to-Cairo rail line as you ride along a stretch of it through Hwange’s backcountry.
- Experienced, knowledgeable guides
- All meals and drinks (including house alcohol)
- Safari lodges and premium tented camps (with private baths)
- Airport meet-and-greet service
- All safari activities as outlined
- Transportation from the meeting to the departure point
- Internal flight(s)
- All park fees and special events as noted in the itinerary
- The unbeatable and cumulative experience of the CW Safaris staff
“Our guide, Andy Trivella, was an absolute delight and a profound master of the flora and fauna of the bush.
I feel like I now have a PhD in zoology. This is a cliche, of course, but I hated when the safari ended.”