Discover Tanzania’s Exotic Spice Islands
Soak up the tropical sunshine and charming essence of Zanzibar, a timeless archipelago off Tanzania’s coast. Dividing your explorations between the historic city of Stone Town—a labyrinth of wandering passageways and colorful spice markets—and the Mnemba atoll, where your private bungalow opens right onto the beach, you’ll see the best of this delightful island chain.
During your four-day stay, you can relax on secluded beaches, dive and snorkel around colorful reefs, and visit the turtles on Prison Island. Get out and discover the red colobus monkeys and mangroves of Jozani Forest Reserve, or experience the village cultures of Kendwa and Nungwe. See how a dhow is built at the boatyard, and sail to Pemba (Voodoo!) Island, home to the rare Pemba fox. Or, if you’d prefer, grab an inviting stretch of sandy beach and do nothing at all—the itinerary is entirely up to you!
- Stroll narrow alleys past the sultan’s palace and colorful markets in historic Stone Town
- Track giant tortoises and coconut crabs on Zanzibar’s outlying islands
- Inhale the exotic aromas of fresh-grown spices on a plantation tour
- Swim, snorkel, and kayak through a landscape of dazzling white sands lapped by brilliant turquoise waters
- Enhance your experience with optional cultural activities: visiting local villages, tracking monkeys, or watching the construction of traditional dhow sailboats
- Experienced, friendly, and knowledgeable guides and service of local representative
- All meals with exception of arrival day
- Beach bungalows (with private baths)
- Airport meet-and-greet service
- Transportation from the meeting to the departure point
- All park fees and special events as noted in the itinerary
- The unbeatable and cumulative experience of the CW Safaris staff